It is the responsibility of the Employer to ensure all staff are receiving the correct terms and conditions under the Award. The complexities of these documents make it at times difficult to know if you have ticked off all the boxes to be compliant.
HIES has created a specific Health Check for the Nurses Award.
The Health Check insures staff are:
- Classified as full time, part time or casual correctly;
- Allocated at the correct Classification Definition under the Award;
- Paid the minimum rate or above;
- Paid the correct allowances;
- Working within the span of hours; and
- receiving overtime, weekend and penalty rates correctly.